Sunday 9 August 2009

Busy busy bee

It's been on my to do list forever to follow a pattern and make a dress. I made a skirt once, it was really simple, just two seams and an elastic waist band (gutted - I actually stood on it a few months ago and ripped the waist band!) but I thought that it was the best thing ever. I also made a toile in university for a fashion unit, that was daunting because it was the first time that I had ever used an over-locker and industrial machine!

Well over the weekend I finally got myself together and with the help of my mum I made a dress!

And I am the proudest person ever (and as soppy as it sounds - I also have the best mum ever!!!)

DSCF2022 by you.

DSCF2023 by you.

I am super pleased that I made button holes and there are pockets inside too! Next time I will use a lighter fabric that hangs better :-)

My domestic skills are really starting to come a long!

No comments:

Post a Comment