Friday 24 July 2009

Cake anyone?

I thought that I would try something new with my knitting recently. I'd seen knitted cakes dotted around and gave them ago (using the simplest method that I could find cause I haven't figured out how to knit using double pointed needles). After a few were passed around I was asked to knit a play set for a young girl including sandwiches.

DSCF2013 by you.

DSCF2012 by you.

The cakes were made and decorated by hand as were the cucumber and tomato's, the bread and cheese was made using a knitting machine.
I'd really like to tackle more complicated things but there is so much stuff to do before I even think of it!

~~~~


This carrot cake does look tasty though!
Once I've got knitting down....I think that it is about time for me to learn crochet. I love what other people produce. Crafty Anna has to be my favourite so far!

Play Food Crochet Pattern -- Ice Cream Parlor
Crochet Pattern -- April Showers Bring May Flowers

Play Food Crochet Pattern -- Baking Cookies Play Set

Play Food Crochet Pattern -- Just Desserts
(These have to be the tastiest little treats EVER)

No comments:

Post a Comment